Hurricane… what is it?
A hurricane (typhoon or cyclone) is a type of strong tropical storm. It’s a large weather system which is centered in a huge low-pressure area. Tropical cyclone normally forms in the tropics. Hurricanes can form only over warm seas and ocean (16°-27°C), usually in summer. Hot air rises from the water surface and turns into a quick and extremely powerful movement. Air swirls in an anti-clockwise direction around a calm and clear center (the eye). Air masses are circulating and spawning thunderstorms that have copious rain, which can cause flooding, high waves, strong winds and even tornadoes. Hurricane’s wind speed starts from 74 mph (119 km) and can reach 650 km. Hurricanes can bring a lot of destruction.
Basic Hurricane Safety Tips:
- Make sure your home meets building codes for withstanding hurricanes, and windows have storm shutters.
- Have all necessary supplies, first aid kit, plenty batteries and food and water for several days.
- Monitor weather reports on radio, tv or internet.
- When a watch or warning is issued, secure outside objects, close windows with storm shutters and live low lying areas.
- During the storm stay far away from windows, better to stay in secure room. Don’t use candles and phone.
See some various videos of hurricanes hit.
Video of hurricane Katrina. Footage hurricane video.
Hurricane video. Anatomy of hurricane.
Learn more about hurricanes from this video:
Video of hurricane destruction
Did you buy your hurricane insurance? :)
It can be interesting: Dream Book, dream journal, dream interpretation and dreams gallery. If you had a dream about a tsunami or a tornado or an earthquake you can write a dream on the page “I had a dream”. If you tired of disasters and want some positive information with pics about summer, sun, ocean, beach accessories, footwear, swimwear and summer fashion, read about summer beach dresses, sundresses and maxi dresses. Christmas time is one of the most wonderful time ever. On this site you can read about Christmas dresses and forget about all of horrible videos of tsunami, earthquakes and hurricanes. More positive emotions will bring you a website about cats: here you can read all about cats, domestic cat breeds, different types of cats, speak with other cat lovers and send your story about your kitty.